Thursday, June 26, 2008

Kiel

I have to get this out ... bare with me.

Words cannot describe how much I love this boy. I sit here and I don't know how to describe my attachment to this boy. He is my baby, my son, one of my reasons for trying so hard to be 'successful'... I have never ... ever ... felt a love like this before.

He must not be yelled at .. not even by his parents.

He must be nurtured, treasured, constantly told that he is loved.

He must be fed! Now this may seem simple but some mothers .. I swear!

... Most importantly, well besides having the best education available, he should be taken to the doctor if he is sick .. again, simple but some parents.. selfish.

Anyway...

So can you imagine my horror when I got this phone call from my mom a couple hours ago:

Goddess: Hey what's up?
Momz: Hey.............(long frigging pause)...........
Goddess: What Mommy?! *I have zero patience.. whatever*
Momz: Kiel is in the hospital
Goddess: Tears done trickling already... Living in the USA, and having some of your closest family in another country takes a toll you know ... my baby is in the hospital and I cannot be there....
Momz: Yea, hello?
Goddess: Wha happen to him *amazingly calm eh.. just still feeling the tears trickling*
Momz: He has a fever and his mom said he's looking terrible *that's the only time she takes action, when he is at his worst*
Goddess: The fever he has had off and on for a year now!!!!

A Year! Well at this point I'm so mad. If I could have gone home and taken him to a private doctor before I would have, but then again, I'm so tired of being the go to person. We all have responsibilities. If his parents had taken care of their's my 2 year old nephew would have been sound asleep in his bed right now.. not sitting on a bench in a damn hospital!

Do not even get me started about that blasted hospital. It is the only hospital on the island and it sucks! Imagine going to one of the free clinics where you don't need health insurance.. uh huh . then imagine that it is your ONLY option for a medical hospital .. uh huhh.

*Point of reference: It's 11:10PM CST, no one has tended to him yet! They arrived at 8:15PM CS T. I mean jeez at least give him something for the fever.. he's just sitting there, my baby, helpless...he's two for goodness sake!*

So now I wait... wait for the follow up call from Momz...

and hope.. hope that this is the wake up call his parents need. In an attempt to not put all the blame on the mother, I will TRY to put some on the father, but it's hard.. he's a great father in my eyes.. whenever pooh bear is with him he is healthy, vibrant .. but send him to the mother and losh!


To the irresponsible parents out there, Get Your Ish Together! These kids depend on you..

2 comments:

i.can't.complain. said...

*prayers for the little one*

and for u

-1-

Goddess said...

Thanks ICC. He was up and running after a day, and regular meals.