Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Who are you trying to impress?

 Why is it that some people feel the need to be dishonest about their financial situation? I mean who are you really trying to impress!

So I was talking to a chick the other day and out of the blue she lets me know she is going shopping and does not have a spending limit ... :| So you know I'm turned off one time because quite frankly I don't give a flying fack what you buying and when you are buying it!

Anyway, the convo proceeds aimlessly for about 5 minutes or so before I make an excuse to leave. I'm tired of making excuses to leave convos lately. But anyway, what really ticks me off is that she is not going shopping and even if she is she is too broke to not have a spending limit. Now nothing wrong with being broke eh.. that's part of life for some of us.. but why go out of your way to create this lie?

What does this say about the type of person she thinks I am though. Does she think that I will judge her for being real-being broke...
or that I will be impressed by her sudden increase in disposable income...

Hmm. 

1 comment:

Wry Beauty said...

I feel you on this, Sista. I had a conversation similar to it and my immediate reaction was to be along the lines of, "...and your point in providing that statement was?"